Monday, March 15, 2010

Do good, kiss and Makeup!


While I was growing up my sisters and I, like most young Hispanic girls, loved and adored makeup. But I noticed many of my Latina lady friends wore a lot of it. That I did not like. That is why Covergirl ads always appealed to me. I like how the ladies on the ads always seemed so fresh-faced, not over done, and sweet. That same brand has been trying to connect with Hispanic women more and more each year. Today the brand announced a charitable partnership between its Clean brand of makeup and the Children's Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) program, an organization dedicated to addressing the critical, global need for clean, safe drinking water.

Even cooler is that this past September, actor Dania Ramirez (X-Men,Hereos) the newest spokesmodel for COVERGIRL, returned to her native Dominican Republic to help deliver a year's supply of clean drinking water to villages in need as part of the Campaign. I personally love Dominican Republic. It is a gorgeous country. I was there a few months ago and the people were extremely friendly. The contrast between the luxury hotel we were staying at and the rundown streets a few blocks down was so sad.

"I was thrilled to be back in my home country to help COVERGIRL deliver clean drinking water," said Dania. "I know firsthand that a shortage of safe drinking water can be a matter of life or death. When I was growing up, at times we had to boil our water before drinking it so we didn't get sick or worse. That's why I'm so proud to be part of [this campaign] and to help save lives in my home country and other areas of need.”

In the Dominican Republic, Dania and the COVERGIRL team joined forces with CSDW and Population Services International (PSI), an organization that works in partnership with CSDW across Latin America and helped facilitate the delivery of clean drinking water in the Dominican Republic for the COVERGIRL Clean Makeup for Clean Water Campaign.

No comments: